Click link to apply to Design Camp or learn more info
9th grade: Art Design A/B,10th grade: Art 2:Graphic Design, 11th grade: ROP Photo, & 12th grade AP Art Studio 2D Design
Benefits to Students
Business/technical writing, higher order thinking, technical & non-fiction reading skills, planning, critique, work readiness skills (i.e. soft skills)
internships, student leadership opportunities, job shadowing, serving clients, displaying work in public, opportunity to investigate careers & post-high school education requirements
semi-cohorted class experiences, field trips, team building through projects, completing a Pathway - knowing what it feels like to finish a program
The digital arts program is taught by 2 professional designers at Northgate. This brings the career right into the classroom and is the only pathway program offered at Northgate.
District Sets the Requirements for a Pathway:
• Sequence of linked (builds on knowledge) classes (Level 1 - Capstone Course}
• Courses qualify for Perkins Federal Funding and CTE Incentive Grant
• Teachers have an additional CTE credential
• Many of these classes have been or currently are ROP
• Some of these classes have an articulation agreement with DVC (currently Art design A/B, 2018 ROP Advanced photo)
•District LCAP Goals
The state statistics show jobs in the creative arts at #8. However this number is predicted to be #3 by 2025 in the state of California.If you work in a creative art field including App Design, UX, PR, Marketing, Photography, Graphic Design, Advertising, Game Development and so many more. Please contact Ms. Moore for opportunities to help the students of Northgate and the district.
Welcome to Design Pathway Information (work in progress)